CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cards & Tags Thursday

Hi again!  Today over on the Memory Works Blog I am hosting my second installment of Cards & Tags Thursday.  Today I have created two tags showcasing the beauty of kraft cardstock.  I purchased this cardstock from Memory Works and you can see all the wonderful colors here.


I went a little "old school" for this first tag. My first step was to put the kraft shipping tag under running water and get it good and wet. Icrumpled it up and then smoothed it out. Next I sprayed it with walnut ink stain and then I used my blow dryer to dry it completly. I then ran the tag through my Big Shot using my clock face embossing folder. I have a pocket watch rubber stamp and using black ink I stamped images on the tag over the embossing. I stamped one image on cardstock and cut it out to adhere to the tag. I used two kraft clock faces from one of my Express Kits and added red bling to the centers of each. I used my typewriter to create the wording and cut like pennants and attached with my sewing machine. I topped this tag off with some red organza ribbon from my stash

For this second tag I used my Big Shot and ran the tag through using another embossing folder and then cut the flowers from kraft cardstock and layered them and used simple pearl brads to hold them together. I added some glitter glue to the edges of the petals. I looped jute twine and glued to the tag wih my hot glue gun and attached the flowers on top. I added a few dots of glitter to the centers of the embossed flowers.
 
I think this tag is beautiful in its simplicity and monochromatic color scheme. I hope you liked these two tags and thanks again for joining me today for Cards and Tags Thursday.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Gia Lau

Hi Cathie! I am just making my rounds of Team blogs to see if you have anything new- I figured out how to "follow" so now I am following you!

Cathie

Thanks Gia!

Cutesy Crafts

These tags are beautiful! Trying to find people who have die cutting machines to enter a giveaway on my blog for a cutting die. Not many entries and it ends Friday. :)
http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/02/lifestyle-crafts-giveaway.html

Cathie

Thank you Jessica

Post a Comment