CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 14, 2013

Two Celebrations

Yesterday I had the priviledge of celebrating two lives.  The first celebration was to honor the mother of my best friend Maggie Cousins.  Her mother Melva passed away on December 9, 2012 and Maggie choose to hold the celebration memorial service this month a week after what would have been her parents wedding anniversary.  Melva's husband Dennis preceded her in death and now Melva has joined her loving husband for all eternity.  I wanted to create a card for Maggie that would honor her mothers memory but not one that looked like a typical sympathy card.  Melva was quite the seamstress and I remember all the lovely formals that she made for Maggie for Jobs daughters when we were in high school so I created a card to remind me and Maggie of this memory.


The second celebration yesterday was a family dinner celebrating my grandson Nicolas' 15th birthday.  We had a wonderful dinner at Fratellas Bistro in downtown Fowler followed by cake and ice cream at home.  I created a card for Nicolas that represented the vibrant young man that he is turning into.  I love to put the boys ages and names on their cards.  I used Simple Stories Awesome collection to create this card.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and please come again.
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment